Self-driving cars to reshape the automotive industry in 2022
Self-driving cars can reshape the future of the auto industry to a large extent
In this age of technology, AI has created a visible impact on almost every industry available in this world and the auto industry is no exception. Self-driving cars or self-driving cars are gradually gaining popularity around the world. Several semi-autonomous driving systems such as Lane Assist, Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC), Electronic Stability Control (ESC), Reversing Video Systems (RVS), Adaptive Highlights, Mitigation forward collisions (FCM), automatic emergency braking (AEB), and many more are already on the road. The days are not far off when we will fully witness autonomous cars move on the busy roads of our city.
The whole world admires the automakers and tech companies, who can develop this complex technology, which will allow these driverless cars to drive on their own. The Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE) has predicted that by the end of 2040, these self-driving cars will take over 75% of the vehicles currently on the road. Waymo, a Google subsidiary, has already piloted its autonomous cars over 10 million miles, in difficult conditions. Traditional automakers have always been shy about developing a complete electric car. Thus, start-ups like Tesla Motors (TSLA) set out to innovate in the automotive industry for a better future.
Contribution of AI to the automotive industry
AI has also had a visible impact on the automotive industry.
- Manufacturing: Manufacturing involves design and continues throughout the supply chain, from production to post-production. Manufacturers also use AI-based systems for volume and demand forecasting and automated supply chain management decisions. AI helps design both self-driving cars and the equipment and robots, which are used to build these driverless. For example, portable AI-powered exoskeletons are worn by designers to develop better safety and comfort in cars.
- Transport: With the arrival of AI in the automotive industry, transportation has become safer than ever. AI has successfully developed driver assistance, autonomous driving, risk assessment and driver monitoring programs. These innovative installations will remain pre-installed in these incredible self-driving cars.
What if self-driving cars hit the roads in 2022?
Seeing self-driving cars driving on busy city roads is like a dream come true for every human living on this planet. Every human being will prefer to drive in self-driving cars because:
- Experience few or no accidents: Self-driving cars are one of the safest modes of transportation. The chances of facing an accident are very low, even when it comes to driving while intoxicated. This is one of the best options for crash-prone countries like the United States of America where the crash rate is the highest.
- A big no to owning a car: As self-driving cars gradually took over the auto industry, the need to own a car began to wane. Driverless cars will function as shared vehicles. Thus, there will be less traffic problems and more parking spaces.
- Autonomous cars to deliver parcels: Self-driving cars are also designed to deliver packages and food in the near future. Startups like Nuro, Gatik and TuSimple have started making deliveries for customers like Walmart and UPS and plan to launch driverless semi-trucks of passenger vehicles.
- Traffic tickets without fuss: Autonomous cars are also designed to avoid tickets. Millions of tickets worth US $ 150 are issued each year. Thus, these self-driving cars can significantly hamper the income of cities and states.
Share this article
About the Author
More info about the author
Comments are closed.